Two chains?

No no, not the rapper. His name has a Z.

I've been told that casting a wide net is a smart move in this project. Unfortunately it's easy to cast it too wide.

On my first trade, I checked the Want Lists at SportsCollectors.net and posted in a few Facebook groups. On SCN, I found something like five collectors who needed my 1993 Topps Frank Tanana. Three of them had trade lists posted, and I was able to find one who had something I figured I could use. Not great odds, but I messaged him nonetheless.

Meanwhile I made a few Facebook posts and found someone who needed the Tanana and I worked the trade out in my previous post.

And then the SCN guy responded, was totally down for trading, and made a trade post. Fortunately, I had two of the Tanana so a minor crisis has been averted.

Huzzah for duplication! This one contains a
different Bible verse, however.

So, which do I follow? I reached out to Tim-- the SCN trader-- first, but agreed to the deal with Marty before I agreed to the deal with Tim. Could I follow both? What does the rulebook say?

There is no rulebook? I make the rules?!

Okay, it's on then. We're following two trade chains now, both starting with the same signed card.

From Tim DeVecchio, I'll be receiving a 2000 Topps Brett Tomko. Let's see where this goes...

Comments