One more down...

Link #3 in the chain took me a little longer than I expected. Fortunately, it's done and I can roll onward!

I mentioned before that my friend Arron needed Larry Bowa for the 2002 Topps set that he's working on, so I was able to land that to start with on my first Tanana trade. The problem was neither of us was interested in mailing the cards when I knew he would be down here sometime in April. So I just sat on it for a while longer than I figured I would.

But a week ago, he finally got here for some baseball graphing and we swapped out the Bowa for a 1994 Upper Deck Todd Van Poppel sig.


Todd has been a good signer at times in the past via mail. In-person he's always super nice and will sign anything, but via mail he's mostly been a miss in this hit-or-miss hobby. He was accessible through about 2008 or so, then shut it down for five years, signing again briefly in 2013 before stopping again for the better part of the 2010s.  He started up again in 2021 as the world closed down for Covid, but since 2022, his pen has been awfully quiet.

So, if you need TVP for your 1994 Upper Deck set, or your A's collection, or whatever purpose you may have, let's make a trade!

Comments